What has happened so far
The Zallinger has a turbulent history, which began some 160 years ago. Then the idyllic Alpine meadow was called "Sassegg", from the Ladin-Bajuwaric and meant something like "the rise on the big rock" (that is on the Sasso Piatto - the flat rock). After Karl von Zallinger-Stillendorf from Bolzano, who came originally from southern Bavaria, acquired the Alpine meadow in 1854, the new name of Zallinger Alm quickly became established. It was he also, who built our little church and celebrated its consecration in 1858. Since then, the Zallinger has changed owners many times, but the name has remained. In 1933 ownership in the Alpine meadow passed to Anton Schenk, who later became Mayor of Laion. In 1968 his daughter, Zita inherited it and in the same year she married Hans Schenk-Trojer. After the death of his wife Hans continued to run the business, from the end of 1990 with the help of his second wife, Luisa Schieder from Castelrotto. In the 1990's the Zallinger was renovated from the ground upwards, in order better to meet the requirements of the guests. In 2010 Hans died and left a huge void. His wife Luisa an her nephew Markus now have great delight in running the Zallinger and always do their very best to care for their guests with the greatest cordiality.